Be A Belle Of Your Own



Hello, peeps! It had been a month of Sundays since I last updated my blog. I know you guys must have waited me for like hundred years! As I got the feeling to lay down my little fingers on my keyboards, my mood came in, so here I am, indulging myself on my new post. ;)
My beloved readers, do you hate it when some anonymous judge you by your appearance? Your perfectly imperfect face? Your apple-like body shape? Your curly short hair?? Don’t worry, my dear, you are not alone. Living in a judgemental society where beauty is the only first option in making the first impression towards a person, it is undeniable that we are also doing the same thing unconsciously. For example, we tend to be more attracted to a terrific woman even at our first meet rather than an average looking woman.




Do you know the celebrities above? Do they attract your attention? In your opinion, which one would you choose?? For me, I believe that your choice in based on what your culture idealise the beauty, right? As all my beautiful readers had acknowledged that I came from Malaysia, the probability that I chose the picture on my left as the most attractive woman is higher. For your information, in Asia countries, woman is symbolise as a beauty when she has a fair skin. Not to forget, a v-line shape of face is the most admirable shape of face among Asian woman. Women in Asia also perceive beauty in themselves when they have skinny body! In a contrary, in Western countries, beauty is perceived when a woman has tanned skin and a body shaped like a guitar. Both areas; Asia and Western have a significant contrast on how they define their woman as a beauty. Well, do you ever wonder why different areas around the globe has different symbolism of their beauty? After all, the real question is do people’s perception on beauty are really that important in determine who we are?
I have a story which I am eager to sing it to my dearest readers. I shall begin the melody, right? One sunny morning, as I scrolled down my timeline on Twitter, I found out about a woman, an extraordinary one who will inspire us.



Her name is Lizzie Velasquez. Her schoolmates called her the ugliest woman in the world. The media give the award of ‘The Ugliest Woman’ to her. If we put ourselves in her shoes, what would we feel? Angry? Sad? Depressed? Well, a first, she felt discouraged and depressed. Her self-esteem went down. Her days were gloomy and filled with tears. She almost took her own life from this cruel world full with negative people. But guess what, she didn’t because she finally realised that she can change people’s mind when she speak out and stand for herself. She gathered courage and to be brave is the toughest but she did it. Now, women around the world are seeking her for motivation. A wise quote from her, ”beauty is not flawless, it shines even through your flaws.”.
To women out there who walk with a pair of painful stilettos, who burn their time for make-up and dresses, who cry in silence to the mirror, it is okay not to feel okay with ourselves sometimes. The main key in beauty is confidence and smile.
Have you ever heard of a saying, “beautiful face captures the eyes, beautiful heart captures the heart”. Let’s our inner beauty shines because true beauty comes from within. ;)
I guess I need to stop here as I need to finish my assignments (pray for me :’( ). Wait for my next post on 10 Ways To Be A Beauty. Bye, my lovely peeps!!

-Siti Aisyah Nadhirah

Comments

  1. after i read ur blog, I watched Lizzie Velasquez's video and she really inspires me !! she is always positive thinking when people around make fun of her

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,the main key about beauty is confidence.I totally agree with you -Elizze

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TO THE BONE

BLACK MIRROR : NOSEDIVE

"PLASTIC AND PROUD!"